MediaSpan Group, Inc. is looking for motivated, personable individuals to travel throughout the United States and train individuals to use our circulation software applications. This entry-level position involves implementing a browser-based software application for new and existing customers and training users on features and functionality.
The ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree along with some work experience and also meets one or more of the following requirements:
• Circulation management experience in a publishing environment
• Familiarity with circulation accounting and financials
• Proficient with computer software applications and relational databases
Other necessary skills:
• General knowledge of newspaper operations
• Basic accounting knowledge
• Teaching and/or customer service ability
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
• Able to work independently
• Ability and motivation to learn technical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel and work on location 50% of the time
MediaSpan Group, Inc. offers an excellent work environment and benefit package. This position is based in our Ann Arbor, Michigan office.
Relocation assistance, if applicable, to the Ann Arbor area will be provided. Please send a cover letter detailing your experience and resume to email@example.com.
For more information about our company, visit us at <https://www.mediaspangroup.com>
MediaSpan, dynamic, Ann Arbor-based Software Company has an immediate opportunity for a Product Manager in its Product Development group.
MediaSpan powers digital content management and online marketing solutions for the world’s leading media companies, including Gannett, Advance Publications, Australian Radio Network, Citadel/ABC Radio and Sun Media. Over 3,000 local newspaper, radio and television properties leverage our digital content management, online marketing, web publishing e-commerce and online promotional solutions.
We provide an enriched work environment that fosters growth, inspires professional excellence and encourages success by providing:
• A competitive compensation package.
• Professional development.
• Excellent benefits including 401(k).
This position will work as part of a team to deliver solutions for the Product Development Group, focusing on the direction and management of their product line.
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
• Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
• Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
• Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
• Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
• The success (high quality, on time, on budget) of the programs / projects
reporting to him / her.
• Structuring the overall project plan, budget, schedule, and staffing requirements.
• Provide weekly status reports, project tracking updates, and overall assessments
to senior management and team.
• Ensure entire project team is aware of progress through face-to-face
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate will have experience in a fast-paced online environment, experience working with media clients and advertisers, a head for business as well as technology and a drive to move into progressively more challenging roles.
• Bachelor's Degree in business, computer technology, communications or related field
• 2-3 years of product management experience, from concept to delivery.
• Proven track record for staying within budget and meeting deadlines.
• Team-oriented experience highly desired.
• Knowledge and experience developing large projects and managing diverse
• Work effectively with senior-level executives and have significant client-
• Stays current with rapidly changing technology and applies it to business needs.
• Very good communication skills with ability to communicate technical information
to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong commitment to the delivery of high quality products.
• Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and capability of
communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively.
• Outstanding written and oral presentation skills.
• Exceptional organizational dexterity.
Required Technical Skills
• Experience creating business plans.
• Experience writing use cases.
• Experience developing / managing project plans.
• Proficient in Word, Office, PowerPoint, and Project or equivalents.
• Experience using issue tracking systems.
• Strong experience in all aspects of the software lifecycle.
Other Skills That Will Definitely Pique Our Interest
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
• Experience with CMS (Content Management Systems).
• Experience with multi-channel publishing (Web, Mobile, Tablet, etc.).
MediaSpan Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send a cover letter detailing your experience and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org